~Yours Truly~

I am a highschool student, and am currently a math tutor. If there is one thing I'm not half bad at in school, it's math. I can help explain any questions you have on any of my posts, or any math related problems you have (yes, that includes homework). I hope this is helpful to you. Enjoy!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Definition of Midpoint

If you have gotten to algebraic proofs, then this is for you. To help demonstrate this, we have a diagram:
The two hash marks, one being between A and B, the other being between B and C, just show us that those two segments are congruent. The Definition of Midpoint states that:
                                   ___
If B is the Midpoint of  AC then
___   ___ 
AB = BC

Pretty much it's saying that If you are given the midpoint, 'B', then it's safe to say that one half of the line segment, 'AB', equals the other, 'BC'.

No comments:

Post a Comment