~Yours Truly~

I am a highschool student, and am currently a math tutor. If there is one thing I'm not half bad at in school, it's math. I can help explain any questions you have on any of my posts, or any math related problems you have (yes, that includes homework). I hope this is helpful to you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Domain and Range

         Two of the most reoccurring words in high-school math are Domain and Range. Honestly, it is a lot easier to figure these out than most math teachers let on. Putting it plain and simple, the 'Domain' is the 'x' term in a coordinate pair, and 'Range' is the 'y' term.

As an example:

(2,4)(3,3)(1,9)(8,7)

In the coordinate pairs above the domains and ranges are as follows:

Domain: (1, 2, 3, 8)
Range: (3, 4, 7, 9)

It is literally that easy!
Any questions? Comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment